The last date to apply for postgraduate studies is Friday, 27th of November 2020.
For applications, click here
- One (1) post in topics: “First Person Computer Vision” or “Using Virtual Environments to Assist the Development of First-Person Computer Vision Applications”
Description: The research will focus on developing first-person Computer Vision systems that aim to improve personal safety while allowing humans to work more efficiently and adapt in a better way to their environment. Examples of topics considered include, but are not limited to, obstacle detection for improving pedestrian safety, the use of wearable cameras in cultural heritage sites, and the use of wearable cameras for enhancing the learning experience. The topics will be addressed through research and development in the areas of computer vision, machine learning and their combination with emerging technologies such as mobile computing, ubiquitous computing, virtual and mixed reality.
Candidates should possess:
- Postgraduate Degree of Master’s level from accredited Universities in Computer Science or Multimedia or Electronic Engineering or any related field.
- Excellent computer programming skills
- Ability to organize and carry out research work independently.
- Very good knowledge of English language.
- Prior experience in research activities (i.e. publication record, submitting research proposals, participating in research programs) will be considered as an additional qualification.
The successful candidate will be assigned to the “Visual Media Computing Research Lab” (https://vmc.cut.ac.cy/). In parallel with his/her study the successful candidate may be employed in currently active research programs and/or be assigned teaching-related duties at the Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts with appropriate reimbursement. In addition, the successful candidate may have the opportunity to be employed and/or carry out part of his/her research work at the Research Centre of Excellence RISE (http://www.rise.org.cy).
Research Advisor: Andreas Lanitis, Professor, email@example.com